How to clean leather is certainly different from how to clean human skin. Most of us understand that leather is durable. However, this does not mean that leather does not need to be treated and cleaned. Whether visible or not, everyday stains, spots, layers of dust and dirt may still stick to leather goods. Given the characteristics of the leather material, using the same cleaning method by cleaning the cloth will certainly damage it. When handling leather, always test cleaning products that will be used in small areas that are not very visible and follow the instructions for use. Here are some tips on how to care for the leather so that your goods still look like new. You can visit our website if you are interested in italian leather wallet.
Leather bags and wallets are easily stained because they are often taken outside the house and placed on the floor. Most people use ordinary soap or detergent to get rid of leather blemishes, but this is not the right way. Ordinary soap residues can close their pores, causing the washed parts to dry and crack. You can follow the practical tips below on how to care for a leather purse or wallet. Previously, read the care label for your leather bag and wallet to avoid mishandling.
– Mix clean water or mineral water and soft soap, such as face washing soap or detergent for delicate clothing, in a ratio of 8: 1. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
– Spray on a clean cloth or sponge – it would be better if you use a microfiber cloth. Avoid spraying directly on the stain because it can make the area too wet.
– Wipe the stain slowly in the direction of the grooves of the leather material. Avoid crashing!
– After the stain disappears, let the bag or wallet dry naturally, away from direct sunlight.
– After drying, polish use a moisturizer to protect the leather material.
Compare Pros & Cons Italian Leather Wallet
- The leather material is one of the softest and smoothest types of materials.
- In addition, given how smooth the leather is, the wallet is hence comfortable for you to carry.
- The leather is tough and durable, which can last for a long time.
- Not only does leather make the wallet durable and long lasting, it also makes the wallet look even nicer over time.
- In addition, since the leather is one of the most popular types of materials for wallets.
- Last but not least, a leather wallet is a very versatile accessory.
- This wallet is a little bit bulkier and heavier than the bi-fold wallet.
You can clean the leather with hot water steam without risking damaging the material. Many steam products for household furniture are available on the market. Follow the instructions for use on leather. Although this technique is good for killing germs, you still have to take additional steps to remove the stain because the evaporation process does not penetrate to the leather fiber. Cleaning leather using steam is especially recommended for sofas that are more often a den of germs. Regular evaporation can keep the house hygienic.
Some kitchen ingredients are effective and also safe for cleaning leather, but try the kitchen ingredients first in a small hidden area. Lemon juice is good for removing blemishes, while vinegar can be used to keep leather material looking good. Natural oils, such as olive oil and coconut oil, are also good to help maintain the luster and moisture of the leather.