Wallets with a leather base are preferred by many people because they look more luxurious and elegant. The price of fashion products made of leather is also usually not cheap. Because the price is not cheap, of course, it would be a pity if the leather wallet is not cared for properly. Most of these leather products require special attention so that the quality is maintained and lasts a long time. But what often happens, the longer the leather’s life, the more susceptible the material is from oil, dust, and damage due to UV rays which will further eliminate moisture. To take care of your leather purse and wallet collection, here are some tips you can do:
1. Cleaning Materials
To clean your leather-based collection, look for cleaning agents that will make your leather collection waterproof and moisturize leather material, and drive away blemishes. You can find these ingredients from your own kitchen, such as vinegar, baking soda, and olive oil. If you collect branded wallets, usually the seller will offer special products to clean and moisturize the leather material.
2. Basic Cleaning Leather Collection
Pour a small amount of hand soap into a microfiber cloth, then wipe the soap in a circular motion to your leather collection. This circular motion is useful for removing dirt from the leather layer. Use a little water to make it a little foamy, but don’t get too wet. Afterward, use a microfiber cloth to clean the soap (no need to use water) and wipe it dry. For leather materials such as shoes, don’t use soap, but use vinegar.
Compare Pros & Cons Italian Leather Wallet
- The leather material is one of the softest and smoothest types of materials.
- In addition, given how smooth the leather is, the wallet is hence comfortable for you to carry.
- The leather is tough and durable, which can last for a long time.
- Not only does leather make the wallet durable and long lasting, it also makes the wallet look even nicer over time.
- In addition, since the leather is one of the most popular types of materials for wallets.
- Last but not least, a leather wallet is a very versatile accessory.
- It lacks the essential features that you find in other styles of wallet such as slots for credit cards and IDs.
- This style of wallet is not suitable for any man who loves to be organized. Imagine when you open the wallet when it is full, everything will fly out for sure. And it will be a worse nightmare when you are in a rush.
3. Clean the stain
If your leather goods are stained, the solution is you can rub alcohol and water directly on the stained parts. Or you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to remove the stains.
4. Special Leather Conditioner
To clean and soften the leather material, mix the vinegar with two tablespoons of olive oil, rub the mixture into the collection of leather you want to clean, then leave it for the night and clean it in the morning. If you have a special conditioner for leather, pour a few drops of conditioner and olive oil on a microfiber cloth. Apply the conditioner to the surface of the leather and wait for it to sink in completely.
Before using tools such as special wallet cleansers and conditioners, you should do a small test whether the conditioner is really safe and does not leave stains on the leather.